The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) has designed a new online training program covering the East Coast gas markets, the short term trading market, the declared wholesale gas market and the gas supply hub.
The new training program, ‘Overview of AEMO’s Gas Markets’, is designed and developed by industry experts, and features invaluable e-learning and face-to-face gas training components.
The program is divided into specific modules to provide an in-depth understanding of:
- AEMO’s gas markets: eastern and southeastern markets, Gas Bulletin Board and Wallumbilla and Moomba gas hubs
- About the Short Term Trading Market (STTM – a wholesale market system designed to facilitate Short Term Gas trading driven by daily prices) – how it operates, key arrangements with trading participants, market fundamentals, emergency arrangements
- About the Declared Wholesale Gas Market (DWGM – a wholesale gas market established to enable competitive and dynamic trading on injections into and withdrawals from the Victorian Gas Declared Transmission System) – Declared Transmission System operations in Victoria, trading participant arrangements, system security, key market concepts and processes
- Settlements and Prudentials – Markets settlements comparison, settlement and prudential concepts explained
- The Gas Supply Hub (GCH) – Why a gas exchange?, registering for the GSH, market and legal frameworks, trading and market operation, gas delivery, market support.
The Short Term Trading Market module runs September 2016 in Melbourne, 26 October 2016 in Sydney and 28 November 2015 in Brisbane.
The Declared Wholesale Gas Market module will run 29 September and 2 December 2016 in Melbourne and 27 October 2016 in Sydney.
All courses can be accessed and signed up to via AEMO’s website via the AEMO Learning Centre.