The Federal Government has approved Arrow Energy’s Surat Gas Project in south western Queensland.
The Surat Gas Project, 160km west of Brisbane, will expand existing coal seam gas operations in the Surat Basin between Wandoan and Millmerran.
Federal Environment Minister Greg Hunt made the announcement.
The Surat Gas Project, which gained State Government approval in October, is one of five developments under assessment or previously approved that together comprise the Arrow CSG-LNG project:
- Arrow LNG Plant – State and Federal approval granted
- Surat Gas Project – State and Federal approval granted
- Arrow Surat Pipeline – approved in 2009
- Bowen Gas Project – preparing supplementary report to the EIS
- Arrow Bowen Pipeline – State approval granted, currently under Federal assessment
Arrow CEO Andrew Faulkner said the decision acknowledged the credibility of Arrow’s three-year journey working with local farmers to co-develop solutions for the coexistence of the CSG and agricultural industries.