SCADA 2016 will discuss technologies and solutions to boost the efficiency of SCADA systems and the strategies that can reduce cost and help to establish proactive management of systems.
SCADA 2016 will be held from the 24 – 26 May in Melbourne and will feature presentations from:
- Mike Wassell, Hydraulic Systems Services Manager at Sydney Water
- Andrew West, SCADA Expert at DNP Technical Committee
- Jim Baker, Principal SCADA Engineer at Water Corporation of WA
- Sean Murdoch, Control Systems Management and Support Manager at QLD Urban Utilities
SCADA Manager at Coliban Water, Dan Smith’s experience implementing these strategies is highlighted in his team’s three-stage optimisation program, which saved on cost and improved system performance.
Mr Smith’s optimisation program covered:
- Upgrading from an analogue to digital UHS system to conduct firmware upgrades and manage devices remotely.
- Shifting from a proprietary to an open-protocol network to support DNP3 and enable predictive analytics for maintenance.
- Rolling out new RTU platforms that accommodate DNP3 and overcome hardware obsolescence issues.
View Mr Smith’s case study here.
View the full line up of speakers and sessions at SCADA 2016 here.
If you register now, you can to receive up to A$550 off.