The Civil Contractors Federation (CCF) NSW celebrated individual excellence in the industry at its annual 2017 CCF NSW President’s Gala Ball.
The coveted President’s Award – one of 15 Awards presented – was won by Gary Rogers from Coastwide Civil for his years of commitment to CCF NSW and the civil industry.
CCF NSW Chief Executive Officer, David Castledine, said the ‘People’s choice’ awards are important for the industry to recognise its high achievers.
“We have so many talented people in our industry, they deserve to be applauded and rewarded for their dedication and hard work,” he said.
“The calibre of finalists was outstanding, and all should be proud of their contribution to this great industry.
“The awards get bigger every year, and we’re proud to host an event that is so valued by our members.”
Among the 77 finalists nominated across 14 award categories, four finalists from Australia and New Zealand based company Interflow were successful in their nominated categories.
Flora McGowan, who has only worked for Interflow for two years, took out the Women in Civil Construction Award.
Rob Bozinovski was awarded the Site Supervisor – Contracts under $2 million award for his ability to manage important projects with demands that are outside the scope of day-to-day civil construction.
Interflow’s Ashleigh Borg and Matthew Cremona were finalists in the Contract Administrator and the Engineer – Contracts Over $2m categories respectively.
Interflow Managing Director Geoff Weaver extended his congratulations to all four finalists.
“Our company’s reputation is built on honesty, reliability and competence, and it is very gratifying to see the industry recognising those qualities in our people. We are extremely proud of them,” Mr Weaver said.
The 2017 Award winners were:
- President’s Award: Gary Rogers (Coastwide Civil)
- Aboriginal Employee of the Year: Anthony Terare (TWS Ted Wilson & Sons)
- Women in Civil Construction: Gladys Woods (Haslin) and Flora McGowan (Interflow)
- Training Participant of the Year in Civil Construction: Bryce Cook (CRC Civil)
- Admin Support in Civil Construction: Jessica Menzies (BMD Group)
- Civil Contracting Site Hand of the Year: Nyssa Domoter (Burton Contractors)
- Engineer – Contracts over $2m: Sean O’Donovan (Diona)
- Engineer – Contracts under $2m: Bao Nguyen (BMD Group)
- Plant Operator of the Year: Jack Divall (Divall’s Earthmoving & Bulk Haulage) and Shane Kendall (J&M Bashforth & Sons)
- Project Manager – Contracts over $2m: Ryan Buckley (See Civil)
- Project Manager – Contracts under $2m: Anthony Boyle (BMD Group)
- Safety Champion Category 1: Safety Officer Award: Peter Lawrence (Seymour Whyte)
- Safety Champion Category 2: Individual Award: Ben Sheens (BMD Group)
- Site Supervisor – Contracts over $2m: Peter Yabsley (Waterway Constructions)
- Site Supervisor – Contracts under $2m: Rob Bozinovski (Interflow)