Five ministers, Australian and international gas leaders and industry stakeholders will gather in Sydney in February to discuss the future of domestic gas in Australia at ‘Australian Gas Outlook 2014′. The conference, which will run from February 25th to 28th, will address domestic gas issues at a high level and on a truly national basis.
The conference focuses on the eight most critical challenges facing Australia’s domestic gas markets:
- Establishing effective energy policy and anticipating the role of gas in a low-carbon future economy
- Improving gas market structure, transparency and efficiency
- Forecasting global pricing trends and related impacts on domestic gas markets
- Optimising land access arrangements and improving environmental standards for gas exploration and production
- Strategies to create effective supply stimulus for Australia’s gas markets
- Taking advantage of the LNG export opportunity whilst ensuring reliable supply for domestic users
- Managing risks associated with the looming “gas price spike” to avoid economic waste
- Creating the infrastructure, technology and policy framework necessary to unlock new domestic gas supplies.