Engineers Australia has once again published their annual list of Australia’s Top 100 Most Influential Engineers. This year, the list includes 13 entries from the utility sector, covering a range of different companies, utilities and roles.
The list includes:
Peter Dennis – CEO of Seqwater (Brisbane)
John Ringham – CEO of SA Water (Adelaide)
Sue Murphy – CEO of Water Corporation of Western Australia (Perth)
Kevin Young – Managing Director of Sydney Water (Sydney)
Peter McIntyre – Managing Director of Transgrid (Sydney)
Nino Ficca – Managing Director of SP AusNet (Melbourne)
Vince Graham – CEO of Networks NSW (Ausgrid, Essential Energy, Endeavour Energy) (Sydney)
David Higgins – Executive Chairman of HS2 (London)
John Fullerton – Managing Director and CEO of Australian Rail Track Corporation (Adelaide)
Rob Grant – CEO of Pacific Hydro (Australia, Chile, Brazil)(Melbourne)
Stuart Lee – Group Executive of Telstra Wholesale (Melbourne)
Merryn York – Chief Executive of Powerlink Queensland (Brisbane)
Grant King – Managing Director of Origin Energy (Sydney)
Engineers Australia also released some statistics on the entire Top 100 list:
- 11% of the Top 100 were women
- 75% of the Top 100 were members of Engineers Australia
- 79% graduated in Australia
- NSW is the place of work for 43% of the Top 100, and 39% of the entire listing graduated from NSW universities (UNSW 18%, Sydney 9%, Wollongong 6%, Newcastle 4%, UTS 2%).
- Victoria is the location for 14% of the Top 100 and 14% of the entire listing graduated there (Monash 7%, Melbourne 4%, Deakin 2%, Swinburne 1%).
- WA accounted for 12% of the Top 100 and 8% of the entire listing’s graduates (UWA 7%, Curtin 1%).
- Queensland hosts 11% of the Top 100 and 11% of the total list graduated there (UQ 7%, USQ 2%, QUT 2%).
- Of the top 100, 7% are based in South Australia, 5% are based in the ACT and 8% are based overseas.
The entire list can be viewed here.