The shortlisted finalists for the 2022 Energy Network Industry Consumer Engagement and Industry Innovation awards have been announced.
Delivered by Energy Networks Australia (ENA) and Energy Consumers Australia, the 2022 Energy Network Awards recognise Australian energy network businesses that demonstrate outstanding leadership in consumer engagement.
This year, the judging panel received seven submissions for the Consumer Engagement Award, four of which were shortlisted. These include:
- AGN, AusNet Services and MGN – Three Businesses, One Engagement Program for Victorians
- Endeavour Energy – Community Engagement Beyond a Bushfire
- Essential Energy – Customer Journey Mapping
- Western Power – Access Arrangement 5 – Community Engagement Program
Energy Networks Australia Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Dillon, said the quality of submissions reflected continued improvements in network businesses’ consumer engagement programs.
“More and more we are seeing networks incorporate consumer engagement across the entire business. This emphasis means improved customer benefits and service delivery,” Mr Dillon said.
Energy Networks Australia has also announced the shortlisted finalists for the 2022 Industry Innovation Awards.
The Energy Network Industry Innovation Award recognises leadership in the design, development and application of a ground-breaking Australian energy network initiative, technology, service or solution.
The judging panel received nine submissions for the Industry Innovation Award:
- Ausgrid – Community Battery Trial
- Endeavour Energy – Digital Substation
- Endeavour Energy – Using a Network Digital Twin for Digital Emergency Response and Resilience
- Ergon Energy Network and Energex – EV SmartCharge Queensland – research program drives network benefits
- Ergon Energy Network and Energex – Test and Verify Virtual Training Aid
- Essential Energy – evolve DER project
- Jemena – End to End (E2E) Project – A Better Way for Our People
- Transgrid – Use of SmartValve technology for the delivery of the Victoria-New South Wales Interconnector (VNI) Minor
- Western Power – Standalone Power Systems.
The shortlisted submissions are from Ergon Energy Network and Energex (EV SmartCharge), Endeavour Energy (Digital Twin), Essential Energy and Transgrid.
Mr Dillon said that while the submissions were very diverse, they all had a strong focus on driving networks to a 21st century power grid.
“It’s very pleasing to see how networks are innovating to improve system security and reliability and incorporate more renewables onto the grid,” Mr Dillon said.
ENA General Manager, Networks and Panel Chair, Dominic Adams, said members should be congratulated on the incredibly high standard of submissions this year.
“The submissions the panel received demonstrated a real understanding of how to implement smart technologies and solutions to deliver better outcomes for customers,” Mr Adams said.
The winners of the Consumer Engagement, Industry Innovation and Industry Contribution awards will be announced at the 2022 Energy Network Awards Annual Dinner on Wednesday, 14 September.