Barwon Water (VIC) is seeking an experienced engineer who specialises in pipeline, pump station and associated infrastructure design.
The role is located in the Geelong region and will support Barwon Water’s Infrastructure Delivery team to develop designs, tender documentation and asset construction.
The successful applicant will have:
- A proven ability of industry best practice and understanding of relevant Australian Standards
- Demonstrated pipeline and hydraulics design experience, conversant with pipeline and pump sizing computations, AutoCad/12D in pipeline design and can provide technical advice to our infrastructure and asset management business
- Excellent customer-oriented, communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational skills and leadership qualities
- A bachelor degree or higher in engineering, including engineering expertise in civil, mechanical, or similar
- Experience working across most relevant sectors, including utilities, infrastructure or water services
- Teamwork and organisation skills
- Experience in project management is desirable
In this role, the design engineer is responsible for coordinating a range of support disciplines, including electrical, structural and geotechnical engineers.
Emphasis will be on cost-effective, timely and safe delivery of projects, encapsulating the project delivery process from development and approval, right through to implementation and closeout.
Working collaboratively across the business, the engineer will effectively engage relevant stakeholders and assist with prioritisation and planning to deliver operational excellence.
For more information, call Pascal Thomas on (03) 5226 9183.