A contract for the design and construction of the Metcash Logistics Centre in Sydney’s east has been awarded to UEA Electrical.
The contract is for the level 1 construction of the new Metcash logistics centre at Huntingwood Drive, Eastern Creek. The level 3 contract had previously been awarded to UEA Electrical.
UEA Electrical will be delivering the new indoor substation and associated civil and cabling works.
The works for this project include:
• Installation of 12 x 4.8m earth rods for common earthing system
• Excavation of 532m of open trench
• Direct lay 1,205m 11kV 240mm XLPE Cu3 in open trench
• Direct lay 380m bare earth to new 9.8m earth electrode in open trench
• Install 2x straight through joint
• Install 70mm counterpoise earth from indoor substation to pillar
• Installation of 2x 1,500kVA indoor transformers
• Installation of 2x RM6 RMU’s
• Installation of 2x LV circuit breakers
• Interconnection of all HV & LV cables
• Installation and termination of earthing and earth bars
• Install 2x HV straight through joints onto existing feeder
• Phase test and commission