The Network Operator Development Program (NODP) was established by the Water Industry Operators Association (WIOA) to identify, mentor and develop future leaders in the network operations field across the Victorian water industry.
The program aims to expand the knowledge and skill sets of network operators, exposing them to strategic thinking and best practice initiatives in technology, business management and leadership.
The program provides the opportunity to build a network of colleagues within their field of expertise and assist to deliver an improved customer focus.
The program commenced on 12 February 2020 with a two-day retreat and, for the remainder of 2020, will continue running one day each month over a seven-month period.
Sessions will be held at a variety of venues across the state. Sessions cover a range of topics including:
- Leadership and industry focus
- Water quality mains repairs
- Managing water reticulation systems
- Wastewater collection systems
- Pumps and pumping systems
- Asset management
- Solid waste management issues
- The feedback from previous participants has been outstanding with all of them learning an enormous amount from the expert presenters, as well as through their interaction with their fellow participants.
On completion of the program, participants will receive certificates at a graduation ceremony and dinner held in conjunction with the Victorian conference in September 2020, acknowledging their hard work and dedication.
WIOA looks forward to watching the progress of the 2020 NODP cohort as they are exposed to how to identify and implement best practice approaches, increase productivity and enhance a professional culture within their respective organisations.
This partner content is brought to you by Water Industry Operators Association (WIOA). For more information, visit www.wioa.org.au.