WaterNSW is upgrading water infrastructure surrounding the weirs along the Murrumbidgee River to meet safety standards, efficiently deliver water to its customers and improve access to the sites.
The projects are scheduled to finish in January 2019.
Work is still continuing at Hay Weir, Tarabah Weir and Gogeldrie Weirs, and there are closures and restrictions on access at Redbank Weir, Berembed Weir and Maude Weir over the coming months.
- Work includes upgrading the unsealed access road to improve access conditions to the weir structures
- Fencing upgrade to improve public safety
- Construction will keep Redbank Weir closed until January 2019
- Fencing upgrades and new access walkways are being installed
- Construction works will close the Weir to the public from mid-November until mid-December 2018
- The Weir will remained closed to the public from mid-October until mid-December 2018 with access and safety upgrades
Lauren ‘LJ’ Butler is the Assistant Editor of Utility magazine and has been part of the team at Monkey Media since 2018.
After completing a Bachelor of Media, Communications and Professional Writing at the University of Wollongong in 2014, and prior to writing about the utility sector, LJ worked as a Journalist and Sub Editor across the horticulture, hardware, power equipment, construction and accommodation industries with publishers such as Glenvale Publications, Multimedia Publishing and Bean Media Group.