WaterNSW is upgrading water infrastructure surrounding the weirs along the Murrumbidgee River to meet safety standards, efficiently deliver water to its customers and improve access to the sites.
The projects are scheduled to finish in January 2019.
Work is still continuing at Hay Weir, Tarabah Weir and Gogeldrie Weirs, and there are closures and restrictions on access at Redbank Weir, Berembed Weir and Maude Weir over the coming months.
- Redbank Weir:
- Work includes upgrading the unsealed access road to improve access conditions to the weir structures
- Fencing upgrade to improve public safety
- Construction will keep Redbank Weir closed until January 2019
- Berembed Weir:
- Fencing upgrades and new access walkways are being installed
- Construction works will close the Weir to the public from mid-November until mid-December 2018
- Maude Weir:
- The Weir will remained closed to the public from mid-October until mid-December 2018 with access and safety upgrades