The Pride in Water Network is encouraging LGBTIQ+ staff and allies to join the organisation to help champion inclusivity in the water industry.
Pride in Water is the Australian water sector’s founding LGBTIQ+ network, and recently became a Water Services Association of Australia (WSSA) network.
Pride in Water was established in 2019, driven by the experience of two LGBTIQ+ employees at Yarra Valley Water, Jacquie Moon and Brendan Moore.
Coming into WSAA, Pride in Water will benefit from strong relationships across all levels and areas of the Australian and New Zealand water sector.
WSSA aims to grow Pride in Water’s influence and impact and ensure it has a sustainable business model and is accessible to everyone in the industry.
Ms Moon and Mr Moore will remain involved and will be Network Chairs. WSSA has also welcomed Lara Olsen as Pride in Water’s first Board Ambassador.
The Network has been created to:
- Build a strong culture of respect, inclusion and connection for LGBTIQ+ people both within workplaces and the broader community
- Share resources, experience and lessons to create a better practice approach to LGBTIQ+ inclusion
- Connect LGBTIQ+ staff and allies within the water industry
- Raise awareness of LGBTIQ+ issues through education to promote respect and inclusions
- Build and support strong LGBTIQ+ leaders
- Build partnerships with other industries and LGBTIQ+ groups
Membership of the Pride in Water Network is open to all WSAA members. LGBTIQ+ staff and allies from across all business areas are encouraged to join, especially those that are champions of LGBTIQ+ inclusion work in the water industry.
The first online meeting of the Network will be held from 3-4pm on Friday 3 December 2021.