Providing safe access for pedestrians across busy roads and ensuring safety around the home, aged care facilities, workplaces, commercial buildings, hospitals and shopping centres is considered a must for individuals or businesses. In these instances, a quality safety ramp is recommended.
For the elderly or people with disabilities, mobility devices including wheelchairs and mobility scooters, are an essential part of daily life, enabling people to carry on with their daily activities.
Not only do they improve access to everyday services, but they can also greatly enhance an individual’s quality of life.
However, there may be instances where wheelchair or mobility scooter access may be limited or dangerous. This could be at a road crossing or around another high traffic area.
In fact, a roadside kerb is often viewed as one of the worst enemies for wheelchair or mobility scooter users.
Navigating across a roadside kerb can present challenges, even around areas including hospitals, aged care facilities and other buildings where there are road crossings.
At times, footpaths or crossings may be closed for street works and the only way to cross the road is to navigate the kerb.
Additionally, there may be instances where road crossing locations are an afterthought and it may be too late or extremely costly to re-construct a concrete cross-over or concrete ramp.
Therefore, Warren & Brown Technologies (WBT) safety solutions has introduced the new Safekerb safety ramp, which provides safe access and passage across a roadside kerb.
Specially designed to provide kerb ramp access for mobility devices, it contains an effective anti-slip surface and raised sides as well as being rated to 350kg.
The Safekerb safety ramp can be used as a wheelchair ramp, stroller ramp, pedestrian ramp, kerb ramp, safety ramp, industrial kerb ramp and a mobility scooter ramp.
Its features include:
- Complies and exceeds the ‘Wheelchair Boarding Ramp Specification’, the ‘Safety at Street works, Code of Practice’ and the ‘Disability Discrimination Act’
- Effective anti-slip surface and raised sides
- Adapts to varying kerb or step heights (60mm to 160mm)
- Very stable without bolting
- Does not need to be fixed in most applications
- Can be bolted if site conditions are poor and Risk Assessment deems necessary
- Can be used as an access for wheelchairs, pushchairs, mobility scooters, sack trucks and wheelie bins, up to 350kg
- Made from High-density polyethylene (HDPE) and PVC
- 100 per cent recyclable
- Compact stacking for easy transport and storage
- Can be used as a wheelchair ramp, stroller ramp, pedestrian ramp, kerb ramp, safety ramp, industrial kerb ramp and a mobility scooter ramp
This partner content is brought to you by Warren & Brown Technologies. For more information, visit wbsafety.com.au/product-category/pedestrian-ramps/.