South East Water’s customer service team has received an honourable mention at the Shared Services and Outsourcing Network (SSON) Excellence Awards in Melbourne this year. The event recognises leaders in the shared services community, and are judged by leading professionals from the sector. A joint submission from Telstra and IBM took out first prize on the night. The awards are held in multiple regions across the world including North America, Europe, Australasia, Asia Pacific, Germany, China, and Latin America.
South East Water’s customer service team displayed some impressive results for this financial year including a reduction in average time to answer calls – now down to 15 seconds from 22 seconds in 2012-13 – with a vast majority of customers satisfied with the quality of service offered.
South East Water customer service and call centre fast facts 2013-14:
- Over 487,800 calls answered
- Average speed of answer improved by 30 per cent from previous year
- Average daily number of calls was 2076
- Over 100,000 South East Water customers have made the switch to online billing or direct debit
- 87 per cent of customers were satisfied with the service they received
- 90 per cent of customers would recommend South East Water based on the customer service delivered