Transport for NSW is seeking tenders for the design and construction of Lee Street Substation as part of the Power Supply Upgrade Program. The Lee Street Substation will be located on RailCorp property, built at Central Station yard adjacent to the existing STA Bus Depot and Gateway Building on Lee Street in the air space above the cutting of the tunnel that leads to the Darling Harbour Goods Line.
The scope of work includes the design and construction of:
- Civil works including excavation, earthworks, roadwork, and drainage;
- Building works comprising the construction of concrete footings and slabs, masonry walls, roofing, lighting, mechanical ventilation, hydraulic services, and security fencing;
- Landscaping including planting;
- Electrical works including construction of underground and GST cable routes, installation of 33kV and 1500V feeder cabling, installation and point testing of the equipment supplied by both the Principal and Contractor;
- Communications including supply and installation of phones, data, SCADA system testing within the substation and associated cabling works;
- Utility services including connection of substation water and sewer supply to existing network; and
- Commissioning of new traction substation including rectifier and auxiliary transformers, reactors, switch gear, DCCBs, and all associated electrical equipment required for the operation of the substation.
Submissions for this tender close Wednesday 19 November 2014.