Whitsunday Regional Council (QLD) is seeking tenders for the construction of plumbers sheds, fitters shed, amenities and associated works at the Proserpine Water Treatment Plant.
The water and waste crews in the southern region of the Whitsunday Regional Council area currently operate from existing facilities at the Proserpine Works Depot.
There is a team leader along with 15 personnel comprising plumbers, fitters, labourers and apprentices. To consolidate the operations of the business unit, new facilities at the Water Treatment Plant, Crystal Brook Road, Proserpine are required to be constructed.
Designs have been completed for the new facilities allowing for:
- New plumbers shed, 25m x 12m
- New fitters shed with office and Scada room (24m x 8m)
- New ablution facilities and smoko room
- Covered outdoor area between the new buildings
- Associated civil works including drainage, concrete paths, electrical and plumbing works
Submissions to tender close 31 March 2017.