Work is underway on a number of trenchless crossing packages for water and sewer pipelines on a $100m capital works project in North West Sydney. UEA has been successful in its bid for the first of these. The project is being delivered through a recognised national construction company in a design and construct arrangement.
UEA has worked closely with the constructors design partner over the last 7 months to establish the best type of methodology to suit the design, and geo-technical conditions on the project.
The state water authority is investing $100m to provide water and waste water services for development precincts within the North West Growth Centre, and includes a contribution from the NSW Government.
The trenchless packages are being delivered using a range of technologies to suit the design and ground conditions. These include:
- HDD of 400m of 560mm PN20 in shale rock
- HDD of 81m of 500mm PN20 in clay/shale
- HDD of 66m of 560mm PN20 in clay/shale
- HDD of 250m of 560mm PN20 in shale rock
- GBM/Thrust bore 42m of 813mm MSCL with steel enveloper
- GBM/Thrust bore 44m of 813mm MSCL with steel enveloper
- GBM/Thrust Bore 36m of 525mm GRP with steel enveloper
The project is scheduled to start shortly and take 6 months to complete.