Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) NextGen is live, with the upgraded referral service connecting workers with utility asset owners quickly and easily, supporting more accurate information for proposed digging sites.
The DBYD NextGen is a joint initiative between delivery partners ESRI Australia and Deloitte Consulting, asset owner members and DBYD users.
DBYD CEO, Stuart Burdack, said the benefits of DBYD NextGen resulted in safer construction and excavation that gets workers home to their families without harm and prevents damage to the $400 billion worth of underground utilities that keep Australian businesses and households ticking.
“We are delighted to launch DBYD NextGen right on schedule. It has been four years since the decision to embark on this major redevelopment which has included two years of research and review, culminating in the adoption of the DBYD NextGen Blueprint, 12 months of finding the right development and delivery partners, and 12 months of building and testing the service,” Mr Burack said.
“The opportunities for feedback, input and two-way communication via a range of working groups representing asset owner members and construction industry users have ensured that DBYD NextGen is fit for purpose and delivers a contemporary, digital user-experience that is more mobile, easier to use, integrates with internal applications to connect asset owners with workers faster and provide more accurate information.”
DBYD NextGen key benefits for construction industry users:
- Work with an improved user interface
- Find dig sites easily and precisely thanks to DBYD’s partnership with Esri Australia using cutting-edge Geospatial Information System (GIS) technology
- Search sites by lot or DP number using improved/enhanced mapping with better imagery
- Set enquiries to auto renew for big projects
- Create enquiries in bulk
- Negate the need to redraw dig sites by uploading shapefiles straight into DBYD NextGen
- Easily share information about specific locations with your team
- Have two-way communication about the condition of underground assets and report damage
DBYD NextGen key benefits for asset owners:
- Use simple, self-service administration and reporting
- Integrate seamlessly with third-party response solutions already used by asset owners, giving them options for receiving and responding to referrals (webmail, webhooks or API) and improving response times
- Pinpoint enquiries on a map-based search screen
- Receive damage reports from workers on the ground
- Search across a full referral history
- View digs on real-time activity dashboard, in list format or on a map, including the ability to integrate mapping applications to view digs near company assets
- View reports online or download a CSV file
- The DBYD NextGen app can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store
DBYD NextGen is in phase one of a larger scale project, with phase 2 seeing the implementation of best-of-breed tools and software to be accessed via DBYD and phase 3 will see the full operation of DBYD damage prevention community via the DBYD digital platform.