As more heavy rain is forecast for the week, WaterNSW is working with the Bureau of Meteorology and regional airspace reference panels to manage inflows into dams.
With dam storage levels high, most catchments saturated and wetter than average weather conditions forecast by the Bureau for the near future, WaterNSW is monitoring rain forecasts and making releases to increase storage capacity to capture inflows as required.
Current release plans are:
- Burrinjuck dam in Murrumbidgee valley: Releases increasing to maintain airspace
- Blowering dam in Murrumbidgee valley: Releases increasing to maintain airspace
- Wyangala dam in Lachlan valley: Continuing to rise, major flood forecast
- Burrendong dam in Macquarie valley: Releases to increase
- Keepit dam in Namoi valley: Releases steady
- Copeton dam in Gwydir valley: No releases forecast
More information on WaterNSW storages can be found here.