by Aleks Zids, Conference Director, Australian Energy Week
Energy is once again back in the centre of the political cross hairs as state and federal governments continue to disagree over the best path forward, and consumers face rising prices and more regular blackouts.
For energy executives, the next few years are set to be some of the most challenging in history as the industry decarbonises, digitalises, and decentralises. Where the industry will be in three to five years is unclear, though that does not stop managers from needing to make decisions now.
Australian Energy Week is unique in that it is the only major event in Australia that brings together senior execs from the entire energy market under one roof. Each year it brings together over 400+ senior execs from the length of the energy supply chain.
It is where senior decision-makers from all parts of the industry come together to access leading content, debate policy, and network.
This year’s event is shaping up to be better than ever with new content streams and a speaker line-up second to none, including:
- The Hon. Josh Frydenberg MP, Minister for Environment and Energy, Federal Government
- Alan Finkel, Chief Scientist, Federal Government
- Andy Vesey, Chief Executive Officer, AGL Energy
- Paul Broad, Chief Executive Officer, Snowy Hydro
- Stephanie Unwin, General Manager Commercial, Synergy
- Mark Collette, Executive – Energy, EnergyAustralia
- David Smales, Chief Executive Officer, Energy Queensland
- Frank Tudor, Managing Director, Horizon Power
- Guy Chalkley, Chief Executive Officer, Western Power
If you need to identify the real challenges for your business out to 2020 and strengthen your strategy for addressing these, then Australian Energy Week is not to be missed.
This partner content is brought to you by Australian Energy Week. For more information, visit www.energyweek.com.au