by Aleks Zids, Conference Director, ADGO 2017
The uncertainty over the future of the oil price is creating an increasingly complex environment for all three of Queensland’s liquefied natural gas plants and the entire East Coast gas market.
Last November, Santos confirmed they are not running their $US18.5 billion GLNG venture at full production. If prices remain low, Origin Energy’s Australia Pacific LNG venture and Shell’s Queensland Curtis venture may take the same path, given high operational costs, according to recent reports.
With the east coast domestic market closely linked, the demand/supply dynamics in Queensland which make up most of East Coast demand have far reaching implications, and understanding them is critical for all stakeholders.
With Australia’s gas markets on the east, north and west coasts undergoing unprecedented change, Australian gas leaders, industry officials, regulators and major industry stakeholders will gather in Sydney from 13-16 March to discuss the impacts of 2016’s volatile gas market and the future of the domestic gas industry at the 5th annual Australian Domestic Gas Outlook conference.
Key speakers for the Australian Domestic Gas Outlook conference include:
- The Hon. Matthew Canavan, Federal Minister for Resources and Northern Australia
- Rod Sims, Chair, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- John Pierce, Chair, Australian Energy Market Commission
- Martin Ferguson, Group Head of Natural Resources, Seven Group Holdings and Chairman, APPEA Advisory Board
- Ian Macfarlane, Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Resources Council
- Page Maxson, Chief Executive Officer, Australia Pacific LNG
- Kylie Hargreaves, Deputy Secretary, NSW Department of Industry
- Richard Cottee, Managing Director, Central Petroleum
- Tony Frencham, Regional President, Dow Chemical Company
- Tony Mahar, Chief Executive Officer, National Farmers’ Federation
- Paul Adams, Managing Director, Jemena
- Matthew Kay, Chief Executive Officer, Beach Energy
- Ian Davies, Managing Director, Senex Energy
- David Maxwell, Chief Executive Officer, Cooper Energy
- Mike Lawson, Deputy Secretary, Department of Industry
For full details on this event, download the conference brochure via www.questevents.com.au.