The fifth IWA Cities of the Future Conference will take place in Sydney on 9-11 February 2015. This conference is a major opportunity to network and connect with global leaders in research, practice, and policy, and strengthen one’s knowledge on all underlying principles of “Cities of The Future”.
The conference continues a decade of progress, bringing together the leading experts and cutting edge thinking on the future of cities. Key issues that the conference will address include:
- Water resource use efficiency at the system level;
- Efficient and low carbon energy solutions and their nexus with waste and heating;
- Aesthetic co-design of water function and urban landscape;
- Joint optimisation at the system level of water and other elements of urban infrastructure (energy, waste, and transportation); and
- Joining up the planning, development, and regulatory processes at the city level to achieve these ends.
Uniquely, the 2015 Cities of the Future Conference will present the innovative and future-focused work being undertaken by Australia’s Water Sensitive Cities CRC and Australia’s Low Carbon Living CRC. This partnership of the CRC’s coupled with a rich range of innovations in the application space presented by water and wastewater utilities, including WSAA, Sydney Water, and WRC, will provide delegates with an unrivalled perspective of where cities of the future could be heading.
Register for the 5th IWA Cities of the Future Conference on the IWA website.